The DC Animated Universe, or DCAU, is the name given to the shared continuity existing between the DC Comics-based animated sequence Batman: The Animated Sequence, Superman: The Animated Series, The brand new Batman Adventures, Batman Past, The Zeta Venture, Static Shock, Gotham Ladies, Lobo: Webseries, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
This continuity is also generally referred to because the Timmverse (after Bruce Timm, the continuity’s most consistent artistic affect) and previously, the Diniverse (after Paul Dini, who has mostly departed from Warner Bros. Animation).
In-continuity of the DCAU
While there have been several animated collection based mostly upon DC Comics characters over the decades, what is usually accepted as the “DC Animated Universe” refers back to the stable of exhibits and movies that spin off from Batman: The Animated Series, the original show on this universe. Older exhibits such as Tremendous Associates and newer reveals corresponding to Justice League Action should not part of this continuity.
The DC Animated Universe primarily consists of these animated collection (and their related movies; see beneath):
- Batman: The Animated Collection (1992-1995 on FOX Youngsters; later renamed The Adventures of Batman & Robin)
- Superman: The Animated Series (1996-2000 on Kids WB; compiled into The new Batman/Superman Adventures)
- The brand new Batman Adventures (1997-1999 on Youngsters WB; compiled into The new Batman/Superman Adventures)
- Batman Beyond (1999-2001 on Children WB)
- Static Shock (2000-2004 on Kids WB)
- The Zeta Challenge (2001-2002 on Youngsters WB)
- Justice League (2001-2004 on Cartoon Network)
- Justice League Unlimited (2004-2006 on Cartoon Community)
The next animated movies are additionally part of the continuity:
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993; theatrical release)
- Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero (1998; direct-to-video)
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000; direct-to-video)
- Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (2003; direct-to-video)
Two canonical DCAU Macromedia Flash web cartoon series were downloadable from the WB web site. As could be expected, the animation wasn’t up to par with the tv shows. Although these webtoons were nicely obtained, only Gotham Women is obtainable on DVD as a part of the Birds of Prey complete series DVD.
– Gotham Women (2000-2002)
– Lobo: Webseries (2000) (Only present to have uncensored content material)
Not In-Continuity with the DCAU
A supply of controversy amongst fans has surrounded the place of Teen Titans within the DC Animated Universe. During the series’ production, Bruce Timm stated that there would be no crossover with Justice League Limitless; nonetheless, it should be noted that he did consider doing it, and selected to not for model and presentation causes. Also, series producer and creator Glen Murakami has acknowledged that the inspiration for the collection is the 1980s The new Teen Titans comic e-book sequence, and not the Justice League animated sequence. Although Batman does check with “the Titans” within the Static Shock episode “Hard as Nails”, there’s little to recommend that the mentioned Titans are those represented on this sequence. During the present’s run, it was never established to be a part of the bigger DC Animated Universe.
Regardless of standard belief, this collection, which premiered in 2006, was not spun off “Removed from Residence” (or “New Kids in Town”). It was Kids WB’s idea to cash in on the movie Superman Returns. Just like the Titans, there is a Legion of Super-Heroes within the DCAU, however that is a different incarnation altogether.
A number of different animated tv series and films based mostly on the DC Universe weren’t set in the DCAU:
- The Batman (2004-2008)
- Krypto the Superdog (2005-2006)
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008-2011)
- Superman: Brainiac Assaults (2006)
- DC Universe Animated Original Films (2007-present)
- Young Justice (2010-2013; 2018)
- Inexperienced Lantern: The Animated Series (2012-2013)
- Teen Titans Go! (2013-?)
- Beware the Batman (2013-2014)
- Lego DC Comics Tremendous Heroes (2014-current)
- Justice League Action (2016-present)
- DC Super Hero Girls (2018)
A number of tie-in comics were published by DC and later its youth oriented imprint, Johnny DC. Though in some cases, production crew from the animated series have been concerned in the comics, they are generally reckoned out-of-continuity with the collection. The comics introduced Superman, Luthor, Huntress, Killer Frost, Amazo, Shadow Thief, Chronos and plenty of others before ther animated debuts, and in a wholly totally different method.
On some occasions, data from the comics is used 攰f a DCAU unique character goes unnamed in the show itself. Examples include Dottie, Tayko and Weasel from Batman Past.
Many easy studying books have been written, as tie-ins to Batman: The Animated Collection, Static Shock, Justice League and others. Novelizations and comedian e-book adaptations of DCAU movies have also been launched.
If you adored this information and you would like to receive additional info concerning Men’s Desgin Darth_Vader Short Sleeve T-Shirt kindly browse through the site.